Top 10 Reasons Why Kissing Is Good For Your Health
Kissing is good for your health, really? Okay, you probably won’t ever hear your doctor advice you something along the lines of taking two kisses a day every day, one in the morning, one at night. Nevertheless, there are definite benefits to kissing that you probably weren’t aware of.
The health benefits of kissing have already been documented in several studies and the medical fraternity has established that kissing is related to a long and healthy life. Here we present the top 10 facts why kissing is good for your health.
- Partners who kiss each other good-bye every morning increase their life expectancy by 5 years as compared to those who don’t.
- Kissing is a confidence booster. It helps add to your self-esteem and makes you feel loved and appreciated, thereby enhancing your state of mind.
- Kissing is known to increase your body metabolism and it has been established that kissing helps burn calories faster (at the rate of about 3 calories per minute while kissing). In fact, studies claim that 3 passionate kisses a day, each kiss lasting 20 seconds on an average, can help shed a whole pound! Well, time to get started on that kiss diets already.
- Kissing is a stress-buster. Kissing passionately helps you relieve tension, eliminate the negative energies surrounding you and decrease the levels of cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.
- Kissing requires using at least 30 facial muscles at the same time helping them get their exercise! This keeps your facial muscles tighter, and ward off premature baggy cheeks. Passionate kissing creates tension in the muscles, thus helping keep them smooth and also increases blood circulation in the face.
- Kissing is also good for the heart as it helps release of the hormone adrenaline. Adrenaline causes your heart to pump faster, thereby increasing the flow of blood to body parts. Frequent kissers are proven to possess a more stabilized cardiovascular body activity, decreased blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Frequent kissers are also known to have less chances of developing stomach, bladder and blood infections.
- While kissing, the body facilitates the release of certain natural antibiotics in the saliva. The saliva also contains a certain type of anesthetic that helps relieve pain.
- Kissing helps relieve anxiety and helps your mind feel at ease. It helps the release of hormone oxytocin which is extremely efficient in calming the nerves and helping you feel peaceful.
- And last, but not the least, kissing releases endorphins that are 200 times more powerful than the drug morphine!
Well, if you needed any more reasons to go ahead and start kissing your partner more passionately than ever, you have full 10 of them. Wishing you a happy and healthy kissing!
No related posts.